Friday, March 18, 2011

Nostalgia and The Reality of Growing Up

I've been thinking about my past lately. About high school, the many concerts I used to attend, hanging out. I'm much too busy completing various assignments to have a social life. The only chance I get is when my boyfriend, Matt comes up to visit me. Even then, oftentimes I'm still stuck studying and he's here to keep me company. The last concert I attended was for my favorite band, The Matches, for their farewell show. I was and still am devastated. I would give just about anything to go to a Matches concert again. It's still not clear why they dissolved. As a result of my recent nostalgia, I've gone online and bought a couple of Matches shirts that are still left, and a two posters from Ebay. Matt would definitely make fun of me for this, but he doesn't understand that The Matches are a symbol of my youth, when going to Matches shows were of utmost priority.  I know I am still young now, and many may think me ridiculous for saying this, but I feel so old. Back then, I was so carefree, with a raging social life, when my friends and concerts were the most important things. Those days are gone now. I am 23, still in school, and when I am finished it will only get worse as more and more responsibilities are piled on as I realize more and more that this is the reality of growing up.

On another note, Matt is arriving tomorrow and I'm super excited, even though I have a TON of homework to do this weekend. My roommate is hardly here, so it will be nice not to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment